American Red Cross Lifeguard Training Classes
Red Cross Lifeguarding course is designed to teach you the knowledge and skill needed to prevent, respond and act to aquatic emergencies.
Participants must be at least age 15 by the end of the class, swim 300 yards continuously using front crawl ,breaststroke and perform a surface dive 10 feet to retrieve a 10 pound object, return to the surface and swim 20 yards back to the starting point.
Requirements for successful completion of the Lifeguarding course are:
- Attend all class sessions
- Demonstrate competency in all required skills and activities
- Demonstrate competency in the three final skill scenarios
- Correctly answer 80 per cent of the questin on each of the two sections of the final written exam
Upon completion you will receive two certificates:
- Lifeguarding/First Aid ( Valid for 2 years)
- CPR/AED for the professional rescuer ( valid for 2 years)
Lifeguard training are offered at one of the four High School Pools:
Central, Gateway, Hinkley, Rangeview ( Fall break, Winter break, Spring break)
Call 303-326-1957 for more information, days and times.